Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Buying new car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:56 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
CLS500 AMG package 2006, CL600 2002, SLK230 kompressor 2003 sold, E500 2004 sold, BMW 335xi M sport
Buying new car

Due problems on the 7G transmission of my CLS500 AMG package with only 52k miles on it, im thinking seriously on buy other car, i have 5 years with my beloved CLS and i really like it so im just waiting on the dealer advise about the car, and considering if it worth to fix it, definetley ill not get a new transmission (if the car needs it) from the dealer, so perhaps an used one but i dont know if it possible due electronics, i know that maybe i can put my valve body on the new transmission but it will work? ,maybe only if dealer quotes me 6k or less to fix my car i can consider fix it, on the other hand, ive looked for another vehicle so im considering an CLS55 AMG because has the M113 engine and seems to be bullet proof plus the old 5 speed transmission that seems to be way more reliable than the 7g, and on the other side its a CL600/S600 2008 or newer in order to avoid the ABC suspension and keep the 5 speed transmission, ill like your advise on both models, i know both are verry diferent cars but im more concerned about the long term reliability.
Which one will you choose? and why?
BTW both cars im looking will be under 80k miles and no warranty, i work on my cars, unless is something i need the dealer, and will be buyed cash most likely as a second car.

Last edited by Jurgeenh; 08-10-2017 at 10:04 AM.