Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Porsche Turbo to AMG?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Porsche Turbo to AMG?

Hi All,

This is going to be likely a bias discussion (seeing which forum I am on) however wanted to get your opinion. I have owned many cars ranging from all spectrums. Highly modified RX7s, 6.0L GTOs, Dodge Viper, Audi S4, Miatas etc. I ended up selling my last "toy" which was a 1997 GTS Viper. It was my first V10 car and I loved all the torque it had, so when I was looking for my new toy, I knew it had to have a lot of torque. Enter my latest toy, a 2007 911 Turbo. It has a MSRP of $145K and has a ton of options. I've added an exhaust and a Cobb stage 2 tune to it which should put the car into/around 500awhp and 550awtq to the wheels.

Lately I've been contemplating on selling both my cars (2012 Mazdaspeed3 as my daily, 2007 911 Turbo as my weekend) and buying a single car. I don't find myself driving as much anymore and financially just makes no sense to pay the insurance and maintenance for both cars. I've always been in love with the torque of the E55 and could find one for $15-$20K but if I'm selling both cars, I'd probably want to step into a E63 biturbo as from the looks of it, stock, those are putting down what my Turbo is currently putting down. Add an exhaust and tune and I've seen dynos into the 600s. The downfall? How heavy they are and would I really miss the corner carving?

Just wanted to see your thoughts and if I am looking appropriately at the right AMG. Anyone else come from Porsche to AMG or even own both?

Axel-Differential Lock Rear
Heated Front Seats
Ceramic Composite Brakes - PCCB
Parking Assist System
Sport Chrono Package
Module for Telephone PCM
Remote CD Changer (6 Disc)
Black
Black Full Leather
Storage Compartment Lid with Model Logo
Gear Lever/Handbrake Aluminum/Leather
Black Mats - Porsche Lettering