Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

General Mercedes Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VW TDI Jetta Wagon
Smile General Mercedes Question

So this is going to seem like a silly question, but if my husband and I order our Mercedes (looking to order the GLC 300 in a few months) from a dealer that is not near us, can we then take it to our local Mercedes dealer for maintenance? Would we still get the loaner car, etc? We want to see who can get us the best deal, but still be able to take it to our local Mercedes dealer.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:44 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by Msjswiss
So this is going to seem like a silly question, but if my husband and I order our Mercedes (looking to order the GLC 300 in a few months) from a dealer that is not near us, can we then take it to our local Mercedes dealer for maintenance? Would we still get the loaner car, etc? We want to see who can get us the best deal, but still be able to take it to our local Mercedes dealer.
Regardless of where you purchased it, you can take your car to any authorized dealer for warranty service and prepaid maintenance and it will be covered because those contracts are all in the larger Mercedes-Benz database. However, whether any given dealership will offer you the same amenities and benefits as customers who purchased there depends on that dealer's own policies. For example, my local dealer's policy states that only customers who purchased cars there are entitled to free car washes, a free shuttle to/from the airport, free loaner cars when service work takes longer than three hours, etc. That said, I have worked with Service Advisors at both Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Jaguar dealerships who extended such dealer-level amenities to me even if I did not buy a car from them; it often depends on your relationship with the particular Service Advisor and whether they believe you are likely to be a revenue-generating customer in the future. However, there is no guarantee of such services.

Last edited by Mr. Toad; 10-12-2017 at 02:04 PM.