Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

older benz for taller guy

Old 12-17-2017, 06:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprinter
older benz for taller guy

Not sure if l have already asked this question - apologies if l have. Anyways, l am looking for an older benz pre '95, l'm 6'6" and need enough room for 3 daughters in the back seat who are tall for their age 9, 11 and 13. It will be used just as a family cruiser, so to speak so l'm not concerned about fuel economy and the like. Have a landcruiser at present which is fine for room but l don't want/need to be running around in a car that is built for something l don't need. I'm after a nice old benz that will be comfy for the long haul and have the basics - i.e air-cond-power steering etc. I looked at a w123 diesel but it's way too small, no headroom and no back seat legroom at all once l put the front seat back. Tried w210 - no headroom either and l felt like l was sitting on the floor once the seat was adjusted so l could fit in - length was ample though.Am l expecting too much or should l just give up and keep the landcruiser - we have had a toyota kluger(high lander for the american folk) and that was fine front and back - my wife insists on having a small car to run around in and l have always longed for a benz for the quality and classic factor - maybe l should just find an american car - no where the quality but they seem to be bigger inside... Any ideas - thanks again, Jack
Maybe a w124/similar is better? Getting harder to find owners obliging to let you look at a car just to see if one can fit in or not.. I live in Victoria-Australia if anybody has a model/models that may "fit"..
Old 12-17-2017, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sprinter
Hopefully l get a couple of replies from the taller folk on this forum.

In looking at this forum, it appears that in general, one needs to spend more on maintenance than other brands - i.e. brake pads and general wear and tear items, is this just with the newer models from the "class" models on?? I've always had toyotas and never really had a problem with any of them bar a head gasket with a 94 camry, which was not uncommon with these models and understanding that newer cars - mid 90's onwards are more sensitive to the upkeep of the cooling system - assume it to be because of the different materials they started using and me not knowing the service history of this particular car.

I have had many BMW motorbikes and l know from experience that they are a better/safer ride and more innovative in their design and hence more to potentially go wrong with them, which did - you just need to be aware of potential problems/character flaws - is this the case with Benz's and the newer German machinery these days?? A better ride but more upkeep and the jap stuff is more relaible but not longer lasting??

An article i read recently-

http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cult...a-durable-car/

Thanks again, Jack