Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Cylinder 1 Misfire?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2017, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350
Cylinder 1 Misfire?

2010 Mercedes Benz E350 4MATIC 69,000 miles

Hey guys I randomly got a cylinder 1 misfire code on my car after starting it back up after a 10 min stop at my cousin's house. When starting it up, the CEL blinks a few times then turns solid. The car still drives fine but is very shaky when not on the gas. I don't notice any strange sounds but when I got the code at auto zone it says the cylinder 1 misfire code 3 times. I changed the spark plugs to the first cylinder but its still going on. When looking up other forums a lot of people said its a loose gas cap but mine is not. A lot of people also say that it goes away after awhile but mine has not. Many of them also said that once they changed the spark plugs and the ignition coils it fixed the problem.

So my next step would be to change the ignition coil on the first cylinder correct?

Not very familiar with cars so any help would be great. Also is this the correct order to change the spark plug or and coil? http://repairguide.autozone.com/znet...52801b2ed3.gif
Old 06-12-2021, 03:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 Sport
Originally Posted by jimmievan98

Hey guys I randomly got a cylinder 1 misfire code on my car after starting it back up after a 10 min stop at my cousin's house. When starting it up, the CEL blinks a few times then turns solid. The car still drives fine but is very shaky when not on the gas. I don't notice any strange sounds but when I got the code at auto zone it says the cylinder 1 misfire code 3 times. I changed the spark plugs to the first cylinder but its still going on. When looking up other forums a lot of people said its a loose gas cap but mine is not. A lot of people also say that it goes away after awhile but mine has not. Many of them also said that once they changed the spark plugs and the ignition coils it fixed the problem.

So my next step would be to change the ignition coil on the first cylinder correct?

Not very familiar with cars so any help would be great. Also is this the correct order to change the spark plug or and coil? http://repairguide.autozone.com/znet...52801b2ed3.gif
Yes, you need to change the engine coil. I did it before, and was very simple. You just need a spark plug wrench which you said have. My advice, look up repair on YouTube.
Old 06-13-2021, 04:54 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,852 Likes on 3,034 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by jimmievan98

Spark plug replacement is covered many times on this site, benz world and youtube. Use the search feature. It's fully explained.