Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Through explanation on how to fix certain problems on MB 300TD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2018, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300TD
Question Through explanation on how to fix certain problems on MB 300TD

Hi, guys I have several problems that I have just seen in my recently acquired 1983 Mercedes Benz 300TD sedan. A w126 chassis.

1. The A/C does not work, because the seller told me there is no belt for the compressor. I have no idea where is the compressor so I can't validate it if it is true. The fan works so there is air coming out; the question is how to warm air. I would like to know how to diagnose it. If you can provide pictures on where is the compressor and evaporator is in the engine bay.

2. My antenna does not go up stays in place, even when the radio is turned on. I did not try to turn it when the key position is on either 1 or 2. I will try and will let you know. Plus the radio that came with car works, and has aux plug in, so I will see if my phone can play any music. If it could- perfect - so the only problem is my antenna. Please advise on how to diagnose the issue, if I could possibly fix it my self.
3. I did not how to operate cruise control, when I drove on the highway. I have read the manual and I will let you guys know.
4. My rear passenger sit, door does not lock; it just latches on. The lock can go up and down, although there is resistance; I believe it is the door actuator.
5. RPM meter flops, and does not work most of the time. I would like to know how to fix it. Also my hazard button does not even work, might be disconnected, but would like to see if it works too. I have not checked the windshield washing yet. The head lights and high beam work, Also the speed fans, work.
6. There is some noising scratching when I accelerate from 0-20 miles, and than it stops and everything is fine.

7. Please help me locate, power steering fluid compartment, windshield washing compartment.

Thank you guys!

PS: Please provide pictures for parts and location on the engine bay.

Thank you again for your time!