Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > General Forums > General Mercedes Discussion
First time Mercedes buyer questions (CLA 45 vs C43 vs E00) >

First time Mercedes buyer questions (CLA 45 vs C43 vs E00)

Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
n/a

Current drive of an Audi A4 and finally looking to take the leap into a new MB. I have taken a few test drives over the last couple weeks and have some general questions about MB since I am not an expert. Most likely to do a 2-3 year lease but open to buying also.

1) I am intrigued by the CLA 45 AMG Coupe build I made at $55k (Premium Package) but I have read some pretty lackluster reviews of this model online. What's the reason for this?
2) The C43 Coupe and Sedan build I made at $60-61k looks greast (and I loved test driving it and having Sport + mode with exhaust open) but the maintenance on an AMG vehicle worries me. I am by no means an auto expert and the salesman did warn me the maintenance on an AMG is about 50% more than a normal MB. Is this a reason to shy away from the C43 AMG or does the warranty plan cover most of these issues?
3) The E 400 4MATIC Sedan build I made at $68k looks beautiful but is it worth that price for the power when I get the same virtually with the C43 AMG? I definitely loved the inside of the E400 and the two large screens.

Finally what is the typical price I should expect for these vehicles when negotiating in a dealership? Should I expect to play closer to sticker price for the AMG models? Thanks for any help.

Old 05-09-2018, 11:35 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2019 c43 AMG
I was in your position

hi I was in your exact position. Iíve heard bad reliability problems with CLA. So I looked at c43 nice. Them drove e400. The E class ride is better but it costs much more. It has more trunk space and much more legroom for rear passengers. So if you put adults regularly in the back seat get the E. Until 2019 E had better driver assist but C equal in 2019.

What finally swayed me was the sporty sporty aspect and the performance exhaust of the c43. So mine is on order. I usually have no one in the back seats so legroom didnít matter.

NOTE if you are going to buy and keep car donít get air suspension. Iíve read it often fails. Also the coupe and convertible c43 are assembled in Germany. US sedan C class are assimbled in US.

good luck
Old 07-09-2019, 10:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C205 C43
deleted