Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Buying CPO , What to Expect?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 08:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
1969 Mini Cooper
Buying CPO , What to Expect?

Looking at buying a 2015 CPO E Class in Southern California. I thought it would be easy to find an E350 with ventilated leather seats and radar cruise control. Not easy at all. Most cars come with relatively few options. So first question is what is the best way to search for a car with the options I want?

Second question is about getting the extended Mercedes warranty. If this was a Chrysler, I could buy the warranty from any dealer. Certain dealers are known to give substantially better prices. What is the process for getting a good CPO warranty deal from Mercedes?

Third question, is there any surprise charge awaiting me? I just expect the car price, tax & registration, and the warranty price. Is there something else I should be expecting, or is anything else just standard dealer BS?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:54 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I was in the market for a CPO 2016 E-Class Coupe last summer and I found that the best way to locate a suitable vehicle was through the Mercedes-Benz USA CPO website. Just click the Search CPO Inventory link, select the desired model, year, price, etc., and then indicate how far from home you'd like to cast your net.

Like you, I had a hard time finding exactly what I wanted, but I checked the site daily and eventually located a car with just 12,000 miles and 98% of the features I wanted, and it was only about two hours away. I prearranged financing through my credit union and did all of my negotiation via email (including agreeing on the trade-in value of my 2011 BMW), so all I had to do was drive down there, take it for a test drive, and then sign the papers.

The dealer offered me a CPO warranty extension, but I declined it because I live in a state where the law prohibits them from discounting the price. Within about two weeks of purchase, I bought a discounted one-year extension through Tafel Motors in Louisville, Kentucky; that transaction was conducted online (price) and by phone (payment), and was painless. They sent me confirmation documents and I verified with my local dealer that the extension showed on the warranty record for my car in the master Mercedes-Benz database.

What you should expect from the selling dealer depends on how you negotiate the purchase. I exchanged a few emails with my salesperson to verify that the car had all of my non-negotiable features and then I told him what I'd take for my trade and what I'd pay in total (out the door) for their car. If you reach an agreement like this, you shouldn't have any surprises upon delivery.

Last edited by Mr. Toad; 03-07-2018 at 07:57 AM.
Old 03-08-2018, 06:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz C350e Hybrid

* Transferable Warranty
* Warranty Deductible: $0
* Limited Warranty: 12 Month/Unlimited Mile beginning after new car warranty expires or from certified purchase date
* Roadside Assistance
* Vehicle History More information about special CPO rates and Mercedes Benz Certified Pre-owned
Old 03-08-2018, 10:29 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 E350 wagon
It may take a while to find what you're looking for. I started looking for my car in May of last year and finally got it in mid September. I'm in SoCal but the car I bought was in Chicago, I used the MBUSA CPO site and searched the entire US. I didn't get everything I wanted on the car but I'm happy with what I got. It is a 2016 wagon with < 6000 miles, light package and parktronic, doesn't have adaptive cruise but I don't drive it that much, put on less than 2k miles since I got it. Try to find something in state as it makes the paperwork a lot easier.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2016 Mercedes Benz C350e Hybrid
What are yall looking for email me- i can try to help and find it browinski@dtlamotors.com