Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Bought Used GLA250 - Questions on mBrace / PrePaid Maintenance

Old 03-10-2018, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2016 GLA250 4MATIC
Bought Used GLA250 - Questions on mBrace / PrePaid Maintenance

Hello,

New to the MB world. Just recently purchased a pre-owned 2016 GLA250 4MATIC from a used car dealership, not MB. After reading more and more about some features of the vehicle, certain things came to light, such as mbrace and prepaid maintenance that I see listed under the MercedesMe account that I had just created. The mbrace account status for my VIN is currently still showing as active. From reading, it looks like it is standard for 5yrs. It looks like mbrace can be pretty useful, but there is one thing that concerns me. Would the previous owner of the car still be able to somehow remote start the car? Fear of carbon monoxide poisoning while the car is being started in the garage is probably my biggest concern. Is there a way to transfer this over to me? Or is it standard for 5yrs for the first owner only?

Secondly, on MercedesMe, it shows a prepaid maintenance plan on the vehicle until 2023 or 139,999 miles. Can this be used?

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2018, 08:22 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
My understanding is that mBrace accounts are valid for subsequent owners throughout the activation period, which is five years for the basic service (additional paid options are also available). Call mBrace to have the account transferred to your name; you'll give them your email address and phone number, and set up your own PIN. Once that info is changed in the MB database, the previous owner will not be able to access your car.

Regarding the prepaid maintenance plan, I think that transfers to you automatically because it's associated with the car's VIN in the MB database (I know warranty extensions transfer automatically). Just call your local MB dealer and ask if the maintenance plan shows in their records for your VIN.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:44 AM

2016 GLA250 4MATIC
Thanks! Just got off the phone with the mBrace rep. I was able to transfer the 5yr complimentary service over to me.
Old 09-29-2018, 01:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2008 ML320 CDI
Have you confirmed whether the prepaid maintenance also transferred over as well? I'm in the same boat...purchased pre-owned from a dealer with a few years of prepaid maintenance showing as active in the mercedesme app.
Old 10-01-2018, 08:31 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Originally Posted by nilknarf
Have you confirmed whether the prepaid maintenance also transferred over as well? I'm in the same boat...purchased pre-owned from a dealer with a few years of prepaid maintenance showing as active in the mercedesme app.
If you've successfully set up your car in the Mercedes Me app and it shows the prepaid maintenance there, you should be good.
Old 01-13-2020, 03:50 PM
vr4

GLA250
@EvoIchigo , were you able to use your pre-paid maintenance? If so, how many times?