Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.
View Poll Results: Is it a good deal?
Hell yeah!
0%
Hell nah!
0%
Somewhat yes...
100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Do you think this is a good deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 10:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
None
Do you think this is a good deal?

So I’m looking at a 2000 Mercedes S500, so it's 18 years old, but extremely well maintained, serviced and detailed. Just like brand new except the age. And it’s only got 23K miles. The original purchase price when the owner bought it was $82K and now the dealer is selling it for $13K. Everything is working and in perfect condition. (I mean the owner rarely drove it) it is a top of the line car so it’s got all that premium material and a load of features that some new average brand cars are just starting to have, and some still don’t even have all the features this car has. Do you think this is a good deal? Is it worth it? Is it a steal? Or do you think it’s still overpriced for such an old car? It probably won’t last long because it was a top of the line flagship and it’s so well maintained with such little miles. So I really need to make a decision fast. It’s also dealer certified and I’ve viewed the CARFAX report. Everything’s just perfect. And no accidents or damage or anything. Should I go for it? Thank you! Oh and it's got that 5.0 L V8 engine, I don't think you see a lot of this nowadays. And since I don't have credit history, the dealer wants me to put around $5K down for down payment, do you think that's too much? it's 40% of the total price... I know it's probably because I have no credit history, but I still think that's a lot. He did say the price is negotiable though, we haven't talked about how much he's willing to go, because he needs to ask the manager. But anyways, should I get it? thank you!