Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Treated different for driving a Mercedes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 Golf R DSG
Treated different for driving a Mercedes?

What has been your general experience with how people have treated you for having a Mercedes? A friend of mine who use to drive Japanese imports bought a BMW and he's the nicest guy, he always signals and so on but claims that others are more quick to cut him off now. He lives in a lower-middle income area so German makes are not too common there (even though his is a several year old BMW 3-series sedan). Curious how on average others change their perception of you based on the car either for better or worse (mind you, I'm not implying that should dictate what you choose to drive).
Old 04-12-2018, 10:13 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 mercedes C300
It's probably his imagination. Worried about getting hit so he feels everyone is out to get him. I've driven a Mercedes for 18 years and don't feel that way even though when driving you run into many scenarios .
Old 04-12-2018, 10:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2018 Golf R DSG
Originally Posted by Ronglos
It's probably his imagination. Worried about getting hit so he feels everyone is out to get him. I've driven a Mercedes for 18 years and don't feel that way even though when driving you run into many scenarios .
I don't think so, I've been in his car a time or two and it usually happens at least once each drive. Maybe people are just a-holes around here, I do get every possible kind of car trying to race my Corvette regardless of performance capability. Minivans, pickup trucks, you name it...
Old 04-13-2018, 09:12 AM
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 cls550
Lol, they aren't lambos.