Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MercedesMe Network Error

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 02:17 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Exclamation MercedesMe Network Error

Using the MercedesMe app, I have configured the "Curfew Minder" tool and it has worked flawlessly until three days ago, when I suddenly started receiving text messages advising "The location service request for your Mercedes-Benz vehicle was unsuccessful due to a network error. Please try again."

After receiving this message again this morning, I tried using the "Locate Vehicle" tool in the app and it never succeeded in identifying the location of my car (which was just outside my office, in the parking lot). I called the customer assistance line for the app and was instructed to "Delete the app, restart the phone, and then reinstall the app". As I strongly suspected, this accomplished nothing.

My phone connects immediately to my car every time I get in it and I have no trouble accessing my phone contacts or receiving calls and text messages.

Any ideas?
The following users liked this post:
fl0r1 (11-12-2021)
Old 11-12-2021, 10:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
glc
There is something you can do but still needs some work from MB

I have the same problem for 1 year now. Deleted the app/re installed/turned the phone off and on/logged in and out/contacted mb contact service/sent my car to the dealership 2 times at MB OF BROOKLYN and at MB OF MANHATTAN
NO LUCK.
I think you have to keep the modem awake to remote start the car. 99% I use the car from home to work. I put my home address as a travel zone and my work address as a travel zone too so in this case the modem stays awake for at least 9 hr. Longer the car stays untouched… lower is the case that the car will remote start with the app. When the car enters at the travel zone… I receive messages that my car entered this zone wt specific time and at specific address and like this I know that the remote start will work next time. If I enter the travel zone and I don’t receive any messages… that means that remote start won’t work next time. To fix this (it works for me 99% of the times) I remove the fuse at the fuse box at the front passenger panel. Its a “red fuse 10” located top right size at the second socket.
I remove the fuse… I wait 10-15 sec and I put the fuse back. I lock the doors and I am able to remote start my car. I know this is annoying but this is the only situation for me. I mentioned that to the dealerships but they didn’t care.

P.S sometimes I get a message from the mbrace that doors became unlocked 😂😂 car is parked blocks away 🤷🏻