Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Front Camera problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
GLE 350, GLS 550
Exclamation Front Camera problem

Has anyone had a camera issue with green lines, blacking out completely, and changing display color? I took a video clip to show what i mean:

2018 GLE 350. Seems to be mainly due to the front camera shorting from water getting in there but I'm not sure. It has been consistently raining for the last 2 weeks in the DC area. Before this happened the front camera went out completely and came on looking like this after I turned off the car and restarted.

Last edited by sjahanmi; 05-18-2018 at 02:40 PM.
Old 02-06-2020, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG GLE 63S
Originally Posted by sjahanmi

Has anyone had a camera issue with green lines, blacking out completely, and changing display color? I took a video clip to show what i mean:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqA8IhhwOI4

2018 GLE 350. Seems to be mainly due to the front camera shorting from water getting in there but I'm not sure. It has been consistently raining for the last 2 weeks in the DC area. Before this happened the front camera went out completely and came on looking like this after I turned off the car and restarted.
hi, same issue on my gle 63s
i bought new camera same issue, problem is from the next cable that is like 1 m long, attached to main harnes of the car. Water damaged the pins, until now there is no solution since the broken part is the plug on main car harnes ‘is on the right side of the car on the bottom of the roght headlight’
let me know if they managed to change that cable plug for you, because i was told that it can’t be done.
Old 11-22-2023, 10:54 PM

Amg gle63s
Originally Posted by crys18
hi, same issue on my gle 63s
i bought new camera same issue, problem is from the next cable that is like 1 m long, attached to main harnes of the car. Water damaged the pins, until now there is no solution since the broken part is the plug on main car harnes ‘is on the right side of the car on the bottom of the roght headlight’
let me know if they managed to change that cable plug for you, because i was told that it can’t be done.

hey did u ever get that fixed or, does it come on and black out sometimes? Or does it complete stay black screen?
Old 07-13-2024, 09:56 AM

E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Amg63s781
hey did u ever get that fixed or, does it come on and black out sometimes? Or does it complete stay black screen?
did anyone find a solution?