Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Buying My Parents Mercedes for 50th Birthdays next year (should I get 2 c300 or 1 e30

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
na
Buying My Parents Mercedes for 50th Birthdays next year (should I get 2 c300 or 1 e30

Hi MBWorld!
I'm currently debating between what to gift my parents for 50th birthday. They're first generation immigrants who sacrificed everything and worked hard to give me and my sisters, and countless other relatives the opportunities they have.

At first was going to get myself a Mercedes e300 from 2017 with the autonomous features and my goodness, that interior is on another level... Now, I'm 20 years old and my business is taking off, a e300 would cost 5-6% of my income monthly when financed.. Plan to save for next 1 year down payment more than 50% of costs and finance other %. with those reasons I saw it would be much better to gift my parents with a nice car, I'm more than happy to drive a camry from 1998 for next five years or whatever to get a eClass later on. Not crazy on fancy stuff myself.

To be quite honest I just want to thank them for everything they have done for me, its basically a return on their investment for all these years lol.
---------
LETS GET STRAIGHT TO THE QUESTION.

I was debating on if I should get them Mercedes C300's each (mom and dad) from 2015-2016 model or get 1 Mercedes e-Class from 2017.
Personally I don't see point of buying new new, when depreciation will smack it as soon pull it off the lot and plus my goodness, most of them have less than 20k miles on them and basically look new and cant tell a difference. Got to be finical smart, my dad would be mad if I GOT A BRAND NEW lol, he's the one who thought me money management.
------
what do you guys think I should?

get both of them c300's? which would be awesome, custom plate MOM and DAD when gift them. or 1 e-Class for both of them.

Awesome thing is they can sell off their other cars and use that money for retirement and or whatever, expenses for house..
-----

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR FEEDBACK!!

Last edited by stiiizy; 07-09-2018 at 09:33 AM.