Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mbrace thoughts

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 06:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300
Mbrace thoughts

hi all, my free trial just expired and I’m not sure if it’s worth paying monthly / yearly for it. I used it a handful of times to send my nav. Directions and to lock my doors . Do they ever add features to this ? Does anyone pay for this ?
Also my last question is , I received weather alerts on my screen , is this part of Sirius ? Since mbrace expired how am I getting the alerts ?
thanks all
Old 08-07-2018, 07:53 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Which mbrace service are you referring to? The "free trial" is offered on mbrace Secure (6 months), mBrace Concierge (3 months), and mbrace Entertain (3 months). However, mbrace Connect is complimentary for five years from activation and this is the service that allows the owner to use the Mercedes Me app to remotely lock/unlock the doors, locate the vehicle, and send an address to the navigation system (Send2Benz).

Your profile doesn't indicate the model year of your car; has it been more than five years since you activated mbrace Connect? If not, then you should still have access to those features in the Mercedes Me app.

I'm pretty sure the weather information comes from Sirius, but I don't really understand how the non-radio aspects of that service work. I don't have an active subscription to Sirius, but I still get traffic information in my navigation system and I can still access weather forecasts.