Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

New to Mercedes Benz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lexus gs350
New to Mercedes Benz

Hello, been driving a Lexus but want to switch to a Benz and I need your opinion.
I want to get a used Benz cos I can't afford new one. Which is better in terms of maintenance and reliable between 2011 c300 or 2011 e350?
and also, is the parts of e350 more expensive than c300
Old 08-15-2018, 10:38 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I'm sorry that I am not qualified to answer your actual question, but if maintenance and reliability are concerns, be forewarned that no modern Mercedes-Benz will match the reliability of your Lexus.

The cars made by both companies each have their own strengths and weaknesses, but in the area of maintenance expense and overall durability, pretty much any Lexus is going to beat its Mercedes-Benz counterpart. Most Lexus vehicles are engineered primarily to provide years of comfortable, trouble-free operation, which sometimes means that cutting-edge performance technology is eschewed in favor of proven design and materials.

By contrast, Mercedes-Benz vehicles are often early adopters of new - and not necessarily proven - technology and materials, which can be a double-edged sword; the driver experience is constantly being advanced, but there's no guarantee that the cutting-edge technology will prove to be reliable in everyday use.