Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Looking for independent shop recommendations in MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 03:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
Looking for independent shop recommendations in MA

I originally posted this in the GL Class group but did not get much activity. Hoping this is a better place to post...

My wife purchased a 2016 GL450 last year and we have been maintaining it through a dealership in Natick MA (about 45 min away). While that dealership is fine, I have read about members on this forum taking their cars to independent shops that former MB mechanics run. I was wondering if anyone in MA might know of any Indy dealers near Franklin MA?
Old 08-26-2018, 03:52 PM

Received 132 Likes on 112 Posts
2018 C43 AMG Brilliant Blue Metallic
I have not used them yet but I plan on using them for my C43

https://www.autoengineering.com/

learned
about them on social media
Old 08-27-2018, 07:25 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
It won't be hard to do better than MB of Natick, at least in price. My only experience with them was a "A" service on my first Mercedes (the car in my Signature, below). In spite of the big deal they make of the Service Advisor Experience, the bill was much higher than I expected. It was padded by extras like charging several times the price of a gallon of windshield washer fluid for the "refill" of a reservoir that was 9/10s full. Since then, getting service at European Auto Solutions in Waltham has made me a believer in independent shops. Full disclosure: I had a lot of warranty service on my present car at MB of Westwood. Also, my purchase deal there included a complementary "A" service and "B" service. They were certainly efficient and competent, but I can't comment on price, because there was no charge.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GL450
@Dieseldan9 Thanks for the link. I will reach out to them to compare some pricing I received from MB Natick. Also @gfmohn I am with you about their pricing. It seems a bit high as we have had the car in there twice now and the bill has been a bit more than I expected.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Cool European Auto Solutions (EAS)

If ando_1 is willing to consider Auto Engineering of Lexington (even though he said he was looking for a shop in the Franklin area), he might also consider European Auto Solutions (EAS) in Waltham. Auto Engineering indeed enjoys a good reputation in this area. "This area" refers to the Metro West - I live in Weston, practically in walking distance of EAS, which is on Rt, 117 on the Waltham/Weston line. Reputations of shops I have learned by attending Mercedes-Benz Club of America (MBCA) events. Auto Engineering repairs multiple brands; for years, EAS repaired Mercedes vehicles only. (They now do some work on BMWs.) So all of its techs know Mercedes vehicles and can help each other out.

One can learn a lot in the MBCA. For example, at the first event I attended, I learned about shields that can inexpensively reduce the problem of brake dust dirtying the front wheels. As I state in my Signature below, I did get a $500 discount on my current Mercedes through MBCA membership. Current dues are $55 for one year, $157 for 3 years. Do the math. Full disclosure: Ed Owen, the manager of EAS, is the current president of the Minuteman Section of the MBCA. That's what the most knowledgeable Mercedes owners in the region think of him.