Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

My impression of Steering Pilot 2019 C205 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300 cabriolet
My impression of Steering Pilot 2019 C205 Cabriolet

I drove from Toronto to Montreal return on the weekend so I got a lot of experience with adaptive cruise cintrol and steering pilot.

Adaptive cruise was an 8 out of 10. Steering pilot assist was very problematic, maybe a 5/10..

The 15 second interval for touching the wheel is excessive. Often touching it want sufficient, I'd have to grab it or squeeze it or run my hands around it.

On curves it tended to start the steer too late, diving low in the starting lane.

The cut-off chime was not aggressive enough. When an autopilot in an airplabe diaconnects there is a loud hirn for obvious reasons.

The system tracked right of centre.

The lane change feature was scary. It would start to slowly move over the crown in the road, then dive into the new lane quickly, overshoot and then come back.

I know it's only meant to assist and it's not self-driving but you would think that all these issues could be fixed with a software update.

Speaking of uodates, will the Comand updates be able to fix stuff like this OTA?