Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Help: will re-painting two of the doors match the original color ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 03:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Unhappy Help: will re-painting two of the doors match the original color ?

Dear fellow MB drivers, I met trouble recently.

Someone maliciously scratched my GLC's doors on the driver's side in a public parking lot.

The body shop told me it needs $2500 for the repair. Basically they would first remove the original paint from both doors on the driver's side, and then re-paint again. The whole process takes a week.

Though my insurance company will cover most of the repair cost, I am scared to learn that they would remove the original paint and repaint again. My question is, could the re-paint match the original color exactly the same (as the other portion of the body)? My car's body color is metallic gray.

I appreciate if you could share your knowledge and insight.

Thanks in advance,

Typhooonn
Old 10-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 146 Likes on 121 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
Whether repainted parts will match original parts generally depends on the condition of the original paint. If the car is not too old, is usually garaged or covered, and the finish hasn't faded or otherwise degraded, then there shouldn't be a striking difference in the appearance. However, if the car spends most of its time out in the elements and is more than a couple of years old, the difference between the original panels and the repainted surfaces will likely be more noticeable.
The following users liked this post:
typhooonn (10-09-2018)