Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

seat defect

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C220 BLUETEC
seat defect

My Name is Nonkqubela from South Africa.

I bought a Mercedes Benz C220 Bluetec 2014 Model. I bought this preowned car in 2015. We then realised that the seats were cracking and reported it to the dealer. They then fixed the side parts of the seat replacing it with a better quality material. Now two years later in 2017 we reported it again as the seats were getting worse. We never received any response. I have now contacted the Mercedes Benz customer care in Pretoria. The lady I spoke with told me that, since the car is out of warranty, I will have to pay for the repairs.

My problem is that, I chose to buy the Merc. because it’s the best brand and prides itself on best quality and nothing else. The cheapest car in the market won’t have the car seats torn in just 3 years. I believe that the quality of the material used for my car seats is not Mercedes Benz quality standard. Please I request that you intervene as I still want to keep my car and I cannot afford to have the entire car seats changed in just few years of buying it.