Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Financing advice- GLC300/end lease

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
Financing advice- GLC300/end lease

Hi everyone,
I'm sure this question comes up every now and then, but really want advice from other people who understand MB.
This is my second leased Mercedes Benz, the first was a CLA that was totalled in a car accident. I felt it protected me, so much so, that I went in for another one! at the time the GLC was new so I leased a GLC300 2016, drove it off the lot on Dec 2015. The lease is up... in a few weeks. Initially, I wanted to look for another GLC and just keep the lease game going. But due to some family/ personal matters, I am driving the vehicle more. It's also just a vehicle I love! I was not able to find anything else to love at the dealer back in the summer, when I wanted to just get another and stay on the MB loyalty program. I am convinced that I want to purchase this vehicle. I at least want to keep it 1-2 more years. I'm already over the miles, by about 1,200; otherwise, it's in excellent condition. I wanted advice on financing, I read in other posts or forums how sometimes, it's best to call MB Financial directly? The dealership kept trying to offer finance me, but the price always seemed steeper than what was on my contract by at least 5K- so that threw me off. I've let time pass and now I need to get on it. Any advice? Should I go to dealer? MB Financial? I was even considering getting financing through my credit union, but I figure I'd still need to call MB Financial for the final price?
Sorry if I ramble, I just come from a family that never leases so not sure how to proceed. Thanks so much! -Rosie
Old 11-24-2018, 09:34 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,834 Likes on 3,021 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Is purchasing outright (cash) an option for you? This is my preference. Run the vehicle until it disintegrates around you. Then buy another vehicle for cash, and repeat the process.