Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

MB Star System - Absolute Confusion!

Old 12-24-2018, 01:03 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz SL500
MB Star System - Absolute Confusion!

Gentlemen (and Ladies?);

I have read until my eyes crossed and cannot get a grip on the Mercedes Star System!

I have a laptop with a true serial port that I use for all my BMW's. With the cables, software and laptop, I'm in the whole system $150. I get that the Mercedes system is pricier, but my first hump is getting a grip on what it is and "how it works 101".

Here's what I have:
2007 CL600 (C216) BiTurbo
2002 CL600 (C215) Normally aspirated
2002 SL500 (R129)
1999 SL600 (R129)

I'm confused about cables, multiplexers C3, C4, C5 etc. and can't get a grip on which goes with which or what "C" thing or cables I need for which car. I also don't understand DAS and Xentry and the other thing I can't seem to remember right now. With this crowd of cars, I really need to get serious about this. I would really like to be able to "code" things on the cars like I can with the BMW's using INPA, GT1 ver 39 and 44, WinKFP, NCSDummy and ProgMan. I already have WIS and ETK, so I don't need those.

Any help at this point would be great help.

Thanks to anyone who wants to educate a newbie dummy.

Mike

P.S. Mods - if this is in the wrong forum, please push it to it's proper home. Thanks.