Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

2002 S430 Trunk Air vaccum leak / Airmattic suspension down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 02:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 S430
2002 S430 Trunk Air vaccum leak / Airmattic suspension down

Greetings members,

I am having issues with a trunk air vaccum leak issue on my 2002 S430 which it was not a big issue until today, as I was able to temporarily patch it to minimize it. Earlier in the day I had to carry something in my trunk that did not allow me to fully close it, and I did not make to much of it. I carry my load and closed the trunk after I was done. I walked away for about 1 hour and to my surprise, my car that was sitting pretty low to the ground displaying Car too low, to drive..

Is the trunk vaccum mechanism linked to the Airmattic suspension? If I fix the trunk permanently, would that allow the Air to go throughout the suspension system and lift my car to its normal height? I had a shock replaced a couple of weeks ago due to shock failure and I am just hoping that I dont have another shock issue again.

Thank you for any input.given.

David
Old 01-20-2019, 05:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
No they are very different systems that are complicated to diagnose if you don't know and have the diagnostics to learn the faults and a solution.