Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Shipping car from US to UAE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 12:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK 55
Shipping car from US to UAE

Hello all, I'm going to be shipping my car from the US to back home in the UAE this summer. I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips, advice or warnings. I'm curious what the differences are between the US and Euro spec cars. My main concern is the fact that I'm going from a cold climate to a very hot and humid climate. Also will the dealer back home have trouble servicing the car or is it pretty much identical to the Euro ones?

Thanks
Old 06-23-2004, 12:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Re: Shipping car from US to UAE

Originally posted by Saif
Hello all, I'm going to be shipping my car from the US to back home in the UAE this summer. I just wanted to see if anyone has any tips, advice or warnings. I'm curious what the differences are between the US and Euro spec cars. My main concern is the fact that I'm going from a cold climate to a very hot and humid climate. Also will the dealer back home have trouble servicing the car or is it pretty much identical to the Euro ones?

Thanks
my brother just did the same w/his car..
--he had some problems with his shipping company, but the car did arrive safely in the end, so make sure you get a good shipper.,
--You may need to get your car to be "gulf spec", which basically means you will need to beef up your cooling system, but you don't have to worry about that until the car gets there, and then you will figure out if you actually need it if the car can't handle the heat, etc...
--As far as the servicing goes, I'm really not sure, but I have had a european car here in the states for sometime, and can tell you that certain parts are a realy PITA to get a hold of if they are differnent...
Old 06-29-2004, 10:08 AM

CLK 55
I was thinking about the radiator. I remember older cars used to have special "gulf spec" radiators. I'll have to check on that when it gets there
Old 06-29-2004, 03:39 PM

Turbo Diesel
what the hell is the uae
Old 06-29-2004, 03:49 PM

CLK 55
United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country, go to http://www.uae.org.ae/ for more info