Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Beware Lokey dealership in Clearwater, FL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 03:03 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2015 BMW i8
Beware Lokey dealership in Clearwater, FL

A month ago I wanted to put an order in for a new G63 so I called about 10 of my closest dealerships to check on estimated wait times. They all said around a year except Marc Sexton at Lokey said 6 months. I told him it was hard to believe given what everyone else said, including from around the country on this forum, but he said he really felt it would be 6 months because there weren’t many in front of me in the queue. I figured worst case scenario I’d just have to wait same as I would with other dealerships so I sent him my build via email. He replied via email saying he got it and I spoke with him on the phone later that day and he said he had put the order in and he would keep me in the loop as to queue movement. He never mentioned deposit. He was difficult to reach by phone or email all through the process.

The past two days I tried contacting him to see how things were looking. After not being able to reach him, I emailed the sales manager. The manager replied - promptly to his credit, but with bad news. He had no record of an order for me and their wait is now 12-18 months. He approves all orders and they take $2500 deposits. Needless to say this is very frustrating and disappointing. What the sales persons motivation for lying and leading me on without even putting in an order is beyond me. Now I’ve wasted a month of waiting time when I could have ordered with another dealership back then.

Last edited by ReturnoftheG; 04-06-2019 at 03:08 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E450
That sucks, but it is par for the course. I am surprised when a U.S. Mercedes dealer DOESNT charge for walking in the door. They charge, or over-charge, for EVERYTHING (including the cars - but the cars are likely worth it).
Old 04-08-2019, 09:05 PM

2015 BMW i8
Originally Posted by Wex Pyke
That sucks, but it is par for the course. I am surprised when a U.S. Mercedes dealer DOESNT charge for walking in the door. They charge, or over-charge, for EVERYTHING (including the cars - but the cars are likely worth it).
What do you mean? The issue is that the salesperson said he put my order in a month ago and never did. Has nothing to do with charging. I put a $5k deposit with another dealer, I don’t care about that.
Old 04-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts
2023 AMG EQE 53
So you emailed an order to a dealer you have no relationship with and you have nothing to show for it such as a signed order from the dealership and now you're un-happy. In the future deal with a dealer you know. I've ordered cars with no deposit but only with a dealer I have a relation with. Sometimes people shop to save a few bucks and in your case you wanted faster delivery. Good luck.
Old 04-09-2019, 07:55 AM

2015 BMW i8
Originally Posted by Tirgoman
So you emailed an order to a dealer you have no relationship with and you have nothing to show for it such as a signed order from the dealership and now you're un-happy. In the future deal with a dealer you know. I've ordered cars with no deposit but only with a dealer I have a relation with. Sometimes people shop to save a few bucks and in your case you wanted faster delivery. Good luck.
I didn’t have a relationship with any Mercedes dealer and I dealt with him primarily by phone. He specifically told me he put my order in. Not like I just emailed it and that was that.