Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

E350 vs CLS 350 cabin noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 06:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e350
E350 vs CLS 350 cabin noise

Greetings. I have a 2005 E350 which I absolutely love but prefer the styling of the CLS350 and handling. My E350 is a bit heavy in the steering for some reason. One of the main virtues of the E350 is the very low interior noise levels and the brilliant Harmon Kardon stereo. I suspect the CLS might have a Bose system. From what I have read the Harmon is superior. My E350 car is basically a brilliant stereo on wheels !

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with both vehicles and could comment on which is quieter on the road. The 2007 CLS model I am keen on also has cream leather seats and stunning walnut dash etc so is visually a winner !! Unfortunate it is located 600 kilometres away so I can't test drive it. I did briefly drive another CLS 350 but it was not a great specimen. The handling was superior to my E350, but I thought it was noisier. Of course tyres need to be taken into consideration.

This is my first post here and any comments really appreciated before I pull the trigger on the CLS....or not !!

Cheers and thanks

Johnny