Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

For $30k - $40k, what is the best car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2019, 05:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLA45
For $30k - $40k, what is the best car?

Hello all, this is always a fun discussion to have with fellow enthusiasts. I will be buying a car soon and plan to spend between $30k and $40k. I want to hear peoples opinions about what is the best in that range.

A little about my previous cars and what I liked about them:
My first car was a B7 A4, loved the interior, great little 2.0L, unbelievable in the snow. Ended up selling it when the turbo gave out.
Moved into an E46 325xi Touring, loved the shape of the wagon, got some M3 styling on it and it looked amazing. Carved the mountains really well for a wagon. Sold after heading to college.
Next, took over a lease on an 2015 Lexus RC350. Great highway/open road cruiser, absolutely ate up miles. Reliable as hell, super comfy interior, but lacked the tech and modern look of its competitors.
After turning that in, took over another lease on a 2016 C450. Great car, fantastic interior, drives like a rocket when you want it to. Maintenance is a bit absurd (3 rims cracked in 9 months, a bit of vibration, regular maintenance is unnecessarily expensive for what the car is).

Once that lease is up in the fall, I'll be looking to buy something used. I'd love to be between 30k and 40k (USD).
Need something with:
AWD
300+ hp (don't mind going Stage 1 to get this)
Comfy interior for longer drives
Fairly up-to-date tech
CPO (been scarred by European cars before)
Coupe, Sedan, or Wagon
Under 40k miles preferred
No brand preference

Throw any thoughts you have my way. I'm excited to hear what people have in mind!