Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

How did you pick your Mercedes vehicle?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C43 AMG
How did you pick your Mercedes vehicle?

For more context: I'm looking for specifically for information on how you decided on becoming a new or used Mercedes owner, and specifically how you picked the model you now own today. Not too interested in the actual purchasing process.
Old 06-09-2019, 07:49 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,833 Likes on 3,020 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
I wanted a sport luxury AWD vehicle with similar towing performance, 7000lbs, and interior space as my outgoing VW Touareg.

I wanted a German vehicle.

I wanted to let someone else pay new car premium aka depreciation.

I had a budget in mind.

All of this led me to a one year old low mileage GLE350 4MATIC. No regrets.
Old 06-10-2019, 12:44 PM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
My current car is my fourth Mercedes-Benz vehicle, but it had been quite a while since I'd owned one; all previous models were from the 70s.

My most recent car prior to the e400 was a BMW 3-Series, which I loved, but motivation to trade it in grew from dissatisfaction with its loud, harsh, run-flat tires. While shopping for a replacement coupe, I looked at a Lexus RC and an Audi A5, but passed on both of them when neither the sales or service personnel could figure out how to work the on-board media players in the respective cars. I then looked at a 2017 MB c300 coupe, but quickly discovered that it had no spare tire in the trunk. The salesperson said I'd have to go back to 2016 to get a spare, so that's what I did. I chose an E-Class coupe over the C-Class simply because I liked the styling better.