Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Read This Before Ordering from MB On-Line Parts Websites

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 11:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300, C63S
Read This Before Ordering from MB On-Line Parts Websites

Heads up! I was recently looking to replace a part on my C-300. I was given a replacement part number from a previous visit by my dealer. When I eventually decided to buy the part, I shopped it on-line through numerous MB parts websites and, based on their information, found that the dealer part number was an incorrect number for my car and listed a "correct" number for the part. When I searched on-line, I used my vehicle VIN to get to the right parts diagram. I contacted my dealer asking why the on-line part number didn't agree with the dealer number. After they researched the discrepancy, here are my takeaways:

1. On-line MB parts website systems ARE NOT THE SAME as the dealer's parts systems.
2. While you may input a vehicle VIN number in on-line websites, they DO NOT identify your vehicle specifically but rather they determine a general class of vehicles.
3. Only the dealer databases specifically tie your VIN number to the correct part for your car.
4. Before you buy any part on-line, call a MB dealer to verify that the part you are about to order is the correct part number for your car. Trust but verify!

Interestingly, I called MB support to point-out the part number discrepancies and they responded that I would have to work these issues through a dealer...what? Where is the central governance over a corporate problem!
Old 06-27-2019, 08:24 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,005 Likes on 3,147 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Thanks. Which part number did you eventually buy?

Dealers are not owned by Mercedes-Benz USA, not sure if this is widely known by the general populace. Data governance therefore is less straightforward than it would be if the dealers were owned by MBUSA.
Old 06-27-2019, 08:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C300, C63S
The dealer part number, it was correct.
Old 08-18-2019, 03:42 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2014 C300 Luxury
Originally Posted by chassis
Thanks. Which part number did you eventually buy?

Dealers are not owned by Mercedes-Benz USA, not sure if this is widely known by the general populace. Data governance therefore is less straightforward than it would be if the dealers were owned by MBUSA.
This is correct, the only dealer in the US owned by Mercedes is the Mercedes of Manhattan in NYC.