Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Shipping car to Texas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2019, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e300
Shipping car to Texas

Hello everyone.

I have a current lease on my e300 and I am moving from California to Texas, and I'm not interested in putting those miles on my car.

Has anyone shipped a car with the dealer before? what was your experience like?
Old 07-07-2019, 11:22 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2003 CLK 320 convertible
Never done it, but a lot of people on a classic car site I'm on have. You might google car relocation services.

You'll find prices vary a lot depending on what you require. Open transport will be cheaper than an enclosed trailer like http://www.horselesscarriage.com/, but the potential for damage is far less with an enclosed trailer.

Expect to pay about $1,000 give or take $200 for a haul from LA to Houston, for example.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:13 PM

GLE
I am moving from LA to Dallas, kind of have the same problem. Which one did you use in the end? My moving is postponed for now because of the seriously bad weather in Texas. I would hate it there now If I went there, and if all that snow was waiting for me. Did you know that a lot of people leave Canada in winter, and they spend it in warm places like Florida? That is what I would do, I hate the cold. I will have to move there when the situation becomes better. I found a car transport service that looks promising, but you always want to make sure you're making the right decision, and that's why I am asking around about car transporting services.

Last edited by WillyBolly; 02-23-2021 at 07:03 PM.
Old 02-11-2021, 07:07 AM

None yet
I used a company called ShipYourCarNow. Had shipped a Mercedes from CT to TX. Open trailer was $975 enclosed was about $1300. I was very pleased with the service and delivery was early.
The contact there is Steven Ashley. steven.ashley@shipyourcarnow.com
Hopefully someone will find this useful. There will always be bad reviews on shippers. Do you're research. I felt comfortable after my conversation to trust them.