Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

2007 S550 A/c interior motor keeps running

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sl500
2007 S550 A/c interior motor keeps running

Hello everyone please help.
i own a 2007 s550 with amg package. The other day i put on the a/c from the backseat.
when i tried to shut it off the motor kept running. I got back in the drivers seat and attempted to shut off everything, however the vents for the front stopped but i kept hearing some motor running and air was blowing in the rear area. The climate control said off. I shut the car engine off and it still kept running. It sounded like it was coming from under the center console, kind of loud, like a refrigerator. I tried everything. After about 10 minutes it shut off. Next morning before starting the vehicle, i get in the car and whatever this motor is was running again. The climate control is off. I drove the car about 20 minutes and it went off.
Did i accidentally set something or is there an electrical problem.?
Again, the climate control is off and no air coming out of the front vents but some motor is running.
any ideas?
Old 07-15-2019, 09:42 AM

Sl500
Hi everyone
so i get in the car this morning and i hear that blower motor running. So it is definitely coming from under the center console. My vehicle has the backseat a/c heat option so i have no deep compartment in the center console. There is air blowing out of the vents that are on the door posts that separate the front and back seats. I cannot shut this off. After about 30 minutes it goes off by itself.
This is crazy, by the time i get to the dealer it has shut off.
anyone, anyone, anyone experience this?
please help.
Old 07-20-2019, 08:32 AM

Sl500
Hi guys and girls, update. Had to go to he dealer,,,,,it is the blower motor for the rear seat located under the center console. A valve was stuck causing it to turn off and on by itself whether the car was running or not. You pretty much have to have it replaced if u want rear a/c or heat. You cannot just pull the fuse because that fuse is attached to other accessories. I thought about just cutting the lead but mercedes was still going to charge me for taking it apart and putting it back together. Anyway fixed $800.
i would suggest if you have this option to use it because i rarely did and may have caused the valve to stick.