Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

I had it with my SLK55

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 10:16 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M5
Originally Posted by MB AMG
Pardon me but I didn't quite understand what you were trying to say and I did make fun of your english. Where are you from BTW?
If your spelling and grammar was correct, maybe we would have been more nice to you.
Oh, because I don't use correct grammer you have to make fun of me? WOW, I guess I have to get an english course to be in this forum right?
Old 07-28-2004, 10:21 PM
Almost a Member!

M5
Originally Posted by BklynBenz
first of all i never once put you down in this thread, but now im gonna have to, what are you a retard? you have no idea what you are talking about, look who needs the education buddy. go back to kindergarten a******.
Since you want to be rude, I guess I don't have to talk to (A-hole) like you with respect right ?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS55
Originally Posted by kw34j
Why don't you take a chill pills. MB or BMW are all good cars.
I was just being sarcastic, didn't mean to offend anyone
Old 07-29-2004, 02:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
Ok everyone, no need to get disrespectful to one another.

After reading the original post (I'm pretty sure he meant the M was more "peppy" and had more "meat"), here is my suggestion:

MB is about luxury. Although the AMGs come with quite a bit of power (I would say they are more peppy and have more meat than the Ms) we all know that they are not as "fun" in the twistys as a BMW. However, with a few suspension changes, the MBs will show a decent improvement.

The bottom line is this though: If you're not happy with your car for whatever reason, and you feel that a BMW or a Porsche is more to your liking, then go ahead and buy one. You can come to MBWORLD if you are interested in an opinion of a type of car, but don't expect us to "talk you into" keeping your MB. That is entirely your decision.
Old 07-29-2004, 04:40 PM

Turbo Diesel
What car does he own? I read through eveything twice and coudln't figure out if he has a SLK55, a 208AMG or a 209AMG?

Also - I was once told this:

BMW= Performance with Luxury
MB= Luxury with Performance

Kinda makes sense, hope I don't get roasted.
Didnt mean anything by it, just passing along what I heard .
Old 07-29-2004, 05:23 PM

2011 E63, 2018 AMG GT Convertible
Interesting comment

My Porsche mechanic, who raced a BMW 3.0 CSL, once told me that the easiest way to tell if a car was "working" or not, was to look at how fast it depreciated. Consequently, he suggested that I stay away from BMWs as they just weren't holding their own as to resale value. At the time I was driving a 911E and I ended up selling it for almost what I bought it for. That has been the case with most every Mercedes I have owned. That being said, it really doesn't matter in the short run if you're getting the car for a specific reason - fun, racing, prestige, comfort or whatever. Get whatever you want and enjoy it. If it doesn't work out, keep looking and refine what you want. My signature tells you what's next for me.
Old 07-29-2004, 05:43 PM

I got it from MBUSA, if I could only keep my car that clean and find scenic places like that for photo shoots!
Old 07-29-2004, 05:54 PM

Turbo Diesel
Agreed, how do you find the 230 Powerwise? Quick enough or underpowered?
Old 07-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I have removed the discussion about HomeRunPark's signature and put them into another thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/off-topic/77426-homerunpark-s-signature.html

This thread is now in the OFF TOPIC section.

Again, sorry about the hi-jack.
Old 07-30-2004, 06:32 PM

HomeRunPark-

The C230 is adequate, I came from a mid-engined 275HP car so obviously the C feels enemic compared to that, but I wasn't going for power. I find that around town the C230 could use a little more power, but on the highway I feel it's got plenty of power. It's never had too little power for me (read- put me in a dangerous situation due to lack of power), but who ever complains about having extra power?
Old 07-30-2004, 06:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by kw34j
Oh, because I don't use correct grammer you have to make fun of me? WOW, I guess I have to get an english course to be in this forum right?
Never said that. I will now try to understand what you are saying now, seriously.