Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mercedes Service Caught Playing with my Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2020, 10:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Angry Mercedes Service Caught Playing with my Car

I was in a dilemma about publicizing this but finally decided it should be known. I took my 2010 E350 (with custom exhaust) into the service department (unnamed as of now) to perform routine maintenance. I also had an oil leak so they were addressing that issue. Upon receiving the car back after a couple of days, I decided to check the dash cam. I could not believe what I saw. There were 4 separate cases of a unknown worker revving my car engine. He proceeds to rev the engine and make remarks, along with some derogatory terms. He even goes as far as to rev it while it's being worked on.

I'm not furious over this, but I don't think it's okay for them to be playing with my car when I've paid over $1K for some routine maintenance. I'm a reasonable person, and I would have understood if it was just once, but 4 times is ridiculous. I don't know if any damage resulted from this, but I currently have a check engine light in my car (Conductor plate failure and intake manifold lever issue). Is this something to overlook or bring up with Mercedes?

DASHCAM VIDEO LINKS: