Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

finally some straight answers about the phone systems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
only amg
finally some straight answers about the phone systems

well after many hours of back and forth with benz, i finally got a straight answer about the phone system, turns out that benz does in fact want to get out of the handset business, and that they did have intentions of allowing users to get their own handsets and buy the craddle from benz, but here is what happened, some of the phones worked for awhile, then started shutting features down in the car something with the computer, they would not elaborate, so what benz is doing right now is meking an additional craddle so that most phones will be compatible in their cars, now for the blue tooth, turns out lexus is having big problems with their blue tooth system, benz says until they can get the security issues worked out they will not use blue tooth, seems like the people at benz,as they explained it to me, say that right now most blue tooth users are not using secure lines, and the info contained in their phones can be intercepted, they gave me an instance of how most major department stores now have technology that allows them to intercept customers p.d.a info as they enter the store, they secretly take your address book info, and use it for customer mailing lists, i do not know that much about blue tooth or how it works but if that is the case, it sure is scary.