Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

My Lap Around the Nurburgring in a AMG GT R 'Beast of the Green Hell' + Interview Wit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 10:45 AM

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts
2013 SL63 AMG
Arrow My Lap Around the Nurburgring in a AMG GT R 'Beast of the Green Hell' + Interview Wit

2 Weeks ago, I drove over to Germany to the Nurburgring for the 2nd time. During the trip I had a Co-Pilot/Passenger ride in the 'Beast of the Green Hell' - The AMG GT R.

The trip was originally planned and booked for my birthday back in March (a rather significant birthday) as a present to myself, a couple of nights at Apex hotel (Followers of Misha's YT channel will know where I mean) as well as a Lap in the GT R.

Due to Covid-19, this was cancelled of course until I had a chance to go mid July, then onto Bruges afterwards.

Below is the video of my lap. It was staggering, terrifying and amazing. Im used to going fast but this was another level - as you will be able to see from my reactions etc. Heading from Flugplatz to Schwedenkreuzat 264kph then hard breaking was unforgettable.

Stay tuned until the end where I attempt my very first interview on screen. I think it went well except I forgot to switch on my external Mic. I was so 'high' on adrenaline and overwhelmed that I had no idea what was going on. 5 hour drive + 15mins to spare, straight into a 7:20 Lap and then an interview.

(Nurburgring have given me permission to use this footage on YouTube)

I hope you enjoy it, my Lap in my CLS63 AMG and a short film of the entire trip coming soon.

VIDEO HERE:

Thanks for watching!
My Lap Around the Nurburgring in a AMG GT R 'Beast of the Green Hell' + Interview Wit-i8lhjue.jpg

Last edited by KILLERHERTZ; 08-19-2020 at 06:24 AM.