Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

As anyone gone through the European Delivery program?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2021, 10:20 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2019 BMW 540, 2017 Mercedes-Benz E300 4-Matic
Question As anyone gone through the European Delivery program?

Mercedes-Benz offers a program that allows customers to purchase a car in the U.S. but pick it up at the factory based out of Stuttgart, Germany. The German automaker provides many accommodations in addition to the discounted price through this program.

Here’s a breakdown of the process:
  1. Contact your local Mercedes-Benz dealer to create your custom Mercedes and save up to 7% off the MSRP. Only U.S. specification vehicles can be purchased from the U.S.
  2. Once the dates are confirmed, book your travel to Germany. Includes a $200 voucher for Delta Air Lines.
  3. Spend a complimentary night in a luxurious hotel near the manufacturer in either Stuttgart or Bremen.
  4. Pick up your vehicle at the Delivery Center and enjoy a factory and museum tour.
  5. Travel across Europe in your new Mercedes-Benz (complimentary insurance lasts 15 days, but can be extended)
  6. Drop of your car off at one of the 15 drop-off locations in Europe.
  7. Accept delivery to your local Mercedes-Benz dealership.
Old 01-05-2021, 10:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 949 Likes on 563 Posts
N/A
Program is done unfortunately.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by Eaton
Wow, BMW canceled there's May 2020 because not a lot of people from the U.S. knew about the program. I hope BMW and Mercedes bring the program back. An old buddy of mine works at the BMW manufacturing plant and he told me BMW might bring back the European Delivery program sometime in the summer. But, I haven't heard anything about it yet
Old 01-06-2021, 12:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by moosaud1998
Wow, BMW canceled there's May 2020 because not a lot of people from the U.S. knew about the program. I hope BMW and Mercedes bring the program back. An old buddy of mine works at the BMW manufacturing plant and he told me BMW might bring back the European Delivery program sometime in the summer. But, I haven't heard anything about it yet
Would be great if they bring it back, but I don't think so. BMW discontinued theirs because Americans mostly buy X models which are all built in the USA, so the demand for ED had dropped significantly. MB was heading in the same direction. They are expanding their SUV/Crossover production in Alabama. The future electrification of the the lineups is also bringing new challenges that make ED difficult due to different charging standards in Europe and the USA, and potential battery damage makes shipping cars to the USA after the ED trip a potential fire hazard. Porsche still does ED, but the Taycan for example is not eligible. The models that were eligible for ED kept shrinking as production for the GLE, GLS and C Class sedans were moved to the USA. The C Class sedan production was recently moved to South Africa, so the models that were still eligible for ED were increasingly the niche models and lower volume models. Still disappointing as I was hoping to do perhaps at least one more. There's still a chance with Porsche I guess.
The following users liked this post:
moosaud1998 (01-06-2021)
Old 01-06-2021, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by superswiss
Would be great if they bring it back, but I don't think so. BMW discontinued theirs because Americans mostly buy X models which are all built in the USA, so the demand for ED had dropped significantly. MB was heading in the same direction. They are expanding their SUV/Crossover production in Alabama. The future electrification of the the lineups is also bringing new challenges that make ED difficult due to different charging standards in Europe and the USA, and potential battery damage makes shipping cars to the USA after the ED trip a potential fire hazard. Porsche still does ED, but the Taycan for example is not eligible. The models that were eligible for ED kept shrinking as production for the GLE, GLS and C Class sedans were moved to the USA. The C Class sedan production was recently moved to South Africa, so the models that were still eligible for ED were increasingly the niche models and lower volume models. Still disappointing as I was hoping to do perhaps at least one more. There's still a chance with Porsche I guess.
That's true. Porshe and Volvo still do it.
Old 09-12-2021, 01:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gt63s
When you accept your vehicle in the US is it as a new car or used?
Old 09-12-2021, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,781 Likes on 2,528 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by vporz
When you accept your vehicle in the US is it as a new car or used?
New
The following users liked this post:
vporz (09-12-2021)