Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

08 ML 550, questions about Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2021, 04:12 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
08' ML550, ML 63, E55, and 2019 S63, 19’ Porsche 991 911 Speedster
08 ML 550, questions about Exhaust

Needed to have some work done recently and came to the forum for help. Was able to get that solved on my own, and noticed someone posts about removing the reasonator (the absolute last part of exhaust before tips) to get an increase in sound. My questions really are about noise levels and will doing this removing these two mufflers at the back really, and I mean really increase the overall rate in sound effect? If it’s as simple as doing this, and substituting 3” stainless pieces in place of them, will this add to the sound level?

I don’t care about droning. I do care about noise level going up and whether or not this is the case. Short of just replacing stock muffler or entirely removing that and running straight stainless to tips and removing the resonators, I would think you might have to put something in place if you were to remove the mufflers, and replace?

I know the cats are before mufflers, but I also read somewhere that in additions to the main cats, two more cats exist somewhere else on my model year and engine combo.

So, what can be expected with the simplest first scenario, and then is it going to make an actual difference. I would think so otherwise Merc wouldn’t have put them back there in the first place, right?

Last edited by 2008ml550_0104; 02-18-2021 at 11:44 PM.