Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Buy the MB you want in inventory because you wont get it from custom order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 08:18 AM

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Chevrolet Chevette, Ford Pinto, Pontiac Aztek, Trabant, Yugo GV (and all the worst cars ever built)
Buy the MB you want in inventory because you wont get it from custom order

https://www.wsj.com/articles/auto-de...=djemwhatsnews

There are chip shortages and car manufacturers won't be able to produce many cars that require those chips
Old 03-25-2021, 02:01 PM

Received 214 Likes on 140 Posts
E63s SL550 GL450
I would say this isn't a bad idea as long as you can find a car with options close enough to what you want. The ordering process is horrible for sure. I'm going on five months with an order and the car is sitting at the port awaiting ship assignment. It may be another month or more, who knows. It is very tempting to travel 700 miles and a similar car that is on a lot. The only thing stopping me is that it is lacking many options I really want and has many I'm not interested in paying extra for. Very frustrating to say the least.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:56 PM

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts
2021 GLE Coupe
yea it's a six to seven month wait for a custom order. Some have gotten their cars sooner but there's no rhyme or reason to it. I'm headed towards six months wait for my car. And my wife's car had her custom order changed after the order was locked, so I had to reorder it after five months wait.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:17 AM

E63s SL550 GL450
I was just looking on autotrader at 2021 E63's. It is showing only 55 listed, which is down from 97 just a month ago. Seems demand is outpacing supply. I'm wondering if they are stopping production for some reason or just a lull.
Old 05-09-2021, 01:33 PM

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts
2021 GLC 300 AMG Line
Originally Posted by Paxfobiscum
https://www.wsj.com/articles/auto-de...=djemwhatsnews

There are chip shortages and car manufacturers won't be able to produce many cars that require those chips
For sure...
I have been searching around for a car that fit my desires for a few months and had decided on ordering. After going to the dealer and him saying 3-4 months I was back in the search. Then my old dealer, from whom I bought my first MB, was found locally. He did a search and found my car in Long Beach CA, I am in Gilbert AZ, so should be getting it nMonday or Tuesday. Was 99% what I wanted, the other 1% trade off from options I actually can do without. Basic car GLC 300 AMG Line, Polar White, Saddle Brown, with no sun roof, and 2o in Multi spoke wheels. Will post when arrives in my garage!

Old 06-26-2021, 08:33 PM

E63s SL550 GL450
Originally Posted by Sunbeltgolfer11
I was just looking on autotrader at 2021 E63's. It is showing only 55 listed, which is down from 97 just a month ago. Seems demand is outpacing supply. I'm wondering if they are stopping production for some reason or just a lull.
I was browsing autotrader again today and see there are 23 2021 E63s sedans listed. When you look at the listings eleven don't have pictures as the vehicles aren't on the lot yet. Even fewer wagons. Seems like ordering is fruitless at this point and inventory for the high end models dwindling. Interested to see how MY22 unfolds. Very happy that I got mine, even though the wait was excruciating.