Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

2005 E320 ABS EPS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2021, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 4matic
Unhappy 2005 E320 ABS EPS

Hey fellow Benz drivers,
I am a first-time owner of a beautiful 2005 E320, but sadly I am having some troubles with her.

Last night I was driving in some super hard rain when all of a sudden my speedometer shut down, my gas light came on (I had a full tank), the check engine light came on, and EPS and an ABS malfunction notification came on. I immediately pulled over and turned my car off to check and see if it was just the rain. It was not just the rain, when I went to drive it again 30 min later it turned on just fine but wouldn't let me shift into gear until I had flipped through the error messages on the dash.

I was able to drive it home (thankfully less than 2 miles away) but it seemed to be stuck in first or second, and the speedometer was just on the fritz the whole ride, working and not working for about ten seconds intervals. When the speedometer stopped working the car would jerk a little bit.

The car is telling me to visit a workshop, should I just take it in or is there any way to deal with this from home?