Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Mechanics near Toledo, OH

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 560 SL
Mechanics near Toledo, OH

Hi, just bought a 1987 560 SL and looking for a non-dealer Mercedes mechanic/shop near Toledo, OH. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2021, 02:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
1998 CLK320 Coupe, 1999 CLK320 Coupe, 2009 C300 6-speed, 2000 SLK230 Designo
Hello,

I am a car collector living in Toledo. I have worked at a couple of independent European car repair shops in the past, and I do almost all of the work on our household fleet of twelve vehicles, which at the moment includes two CLK320 coupes, a C300, and an SLK230. I also maintain several Lotus, Mercedes, and Jaguars for other people locally. I have worked on some Mercedes of the era that your SL is, but it has been a number of years. If you need light work done, perhaps I could help.

Regarding an independent shop, I can't at this moment recommend anyone. I will be trying out Waterville Imports soon for a job on one of my Jaguars that I don't have the time to do. They are a two-person operation and have a great reputation, so I am hoping that goes well. They are more into German and Swedish cars, so they may be just the thing you are looking for. I can provide update/feedback on my experience soon, as my appointment is in nine days.

Cheers,

Tony K.
Old 10-11-2021, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 560 SL
Thanks Tony. I’ve taken it to Warren Street Garage in Toledo and they were good. They specialize in MB, so pretty back-logged and slow to get in.