Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Crossed Wires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK200K Sport
Crossed Wires

I recently bought a CLK200 Sport. I have discovered under the passenger seat that a connector with 3 wires is out of its socket in the electrical box. The wires are damaged and would short out if plugged in. I have not noticed anything not working. Can anyone identify what they relate to and whether it is worth repairing them. Photos attached including drivers seat box with corresponding wires plugged in.

Beneath drivers seat. Brown wires 2nd from left plugged in

Beneath passenger seat. Empty socket 2nd from left

Loose connector with 3 damaged wires. Outer wires plain brown, centre brown with green stripe.
Old 05-30-2021, 05:30 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,928 Likes on 3,094 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Do you have WIS? It's the workshop service documentation. Easily found on ebay for around $10. This contains the electric module layout and wiring diagrams.
Old 06-01-2021, 07:55 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
15 AMG S63 4-matic coupe
I suspect if you look hard enough, you probably have a blown fuse.
Old 06-03-2021, 01:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLK200K Sport
That is a great idea. I hunted out a blown fuse last night but there were none. There are quite a few empty slots. I don’t know if one of these contained a blown fuse that has since been removed and not replaced. Or could it be that the blown fuse has been replaced but only after the wires beneath the seat were disconnected?
in any event I decided to do a repair of the wires and plugged in the connector under the seat. As I expected nothing seemed to change. Thankfully there was no crackling, flashing lights nor alarms. In fact nothing at all. So I am no further on to establishing what these wires do!! Do you have any other suggestions? Anyone?.