Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Boycott Mercedes-Benz Ogilvie Motors Limited in Ottawa, Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2004 | 07:41 PM

2018 C300
Boycott Mercedes-Benz Ogilvie Motors Limited in Ottawa, Canada

ok, get ready for my big rant! i hope this is in the right forums... hehe. i posted this msg also in howardforums too. heh. i had to spread the msg around!

[rant]

omg! i hate this dealer with a passion. i'm so stupid to ever deal w/ them for the 2nd time! we bought a c320 "brand new" w/ a "good discount" for trading in our old C280. when we stepped into the car, we noticed the odometer was well over 1000km. i ran back inside and asked what's up with that? the salesman told me, "oh, we ran it through the dyno test. there will be no need to break in." i'm thought to myself, that's a good legitimate reason. <- stupid on my part .

then comes first maintenance service. we made an appointment w/ our friend in toronto at an authorized MB service centre. at the computer, the d00d tells us "that's strange, you're the 2nd owner of this car!". both dad and i go "WHAT!" so we walk out of there and i think, no wonder there was probably over 1000km on the car! could it be used as a demo?!?

i call up MB Canada and ask them what's up w/ my car? they told me Ogilvie Motors Limited was the 1st owner! ahh, that makes more sense that they used it as a demo! plus this makes me want to kick the owner in the butt! next, more bad news! "Sir, because of this, your car is also missing 3 months of warranty due to the fact it was pre-registered as a demo car!". my jaw drops, "WHAT!". i told him, ok i want to file a complaint because of the mileage problem and this 3 months of warranty missing! then he tells me this is an agreement done at the dealer level and you should discuss this with the dealer. if nothing works out, he told me to call them back for further action. i figure, that's fine then.

i go to Ogilvie Motors Limited and bring this up. salesman said he has no recollection of the mileage being over 1000km and that i came over to him to ask him why and he said it was going thru dyno test and i didn't have to break it in. he tells me to come back until he finds it.

a week later or so, he finds the checklist sheet and it showed 77km on the odometre as it left the lot! omg! anyone could doctor that piece of paper! but nevertheless, i had nothing to backup my claim w/ no written document showing that i have over 1000km on the car. so we bring up the 3 months of warranty missing. then he's like, "oh we told you. that's why you got a discount on the car". we're like, WTF? dad didn't know that. neither did mom. how can 2 ppl miss out on that part of the deal? all along we thought we got the discount was through negotiation, repeated sales, and referrals???

so after negotiations, they figure they will honour us the 3 months of warranty and possibly level B maintenance service at no cost. we thought, that's cool! we won't hate them as much, but we're still iffy about their intention of lying to us and to MB Canada.

now, they come back telling me that they can't offer level B maintenance service at no cost. we're like what the heck! anyway, we gave up now. all we're gonna do is keep bringing back the C320 until it is tip top shape, because problems are re-occuring pretty often now. i doubt we're ever gonna go back to Ogilvie Motors Limited to purchase another vehicle there just cuz of their intention of lying to us. oh another thing, MB Canada won't do a thing about it! Unbelievable!

[/rant]
Old 09-10-2004 | 05:19 PM

C32
No one, ever, puts 1000km on a dyno test unless they are a professional racing team seeking to fine tune their car.

It seems that because MB doesn't own the car, but the dealer did, it may be tough to get MB involved. Trust me, customer service is the last thing on the minds of these arrogant Kraut companies. You may just need to consult a lawyer.
Old 09-10-2004 | 06:06 PM

2018 C300
yah, now that i think of it, 1000km for a dyno test is a bit far-fetched. yah, the dealer did own the car at first and registered it as a "demo car". so they left it on the lot for 3 months doing nothing but claim it as a demo car. *rolleyes*.

well, i think lawsuit will be my last resort. writing to letter to big newspapers or possibly canadiandriver.com would probably raise some eyebrows. do u think MB would bother reading the letters in newspapers?