Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

guidance needed E63s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2021, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
guidance needed E63s

Hello- I just joined this forum to post this question. I am a bit neurotic and impulsive w/ cars. My wife is the only thing I've held on to for more than a couple years....but also much more expensive to get rid of (jk.....kind of). I have owned lots of cars in the past but have been on a quest to try and the find the one size fits all.

My daily is a pick up truck...which I love. I am not a fan of driving expensive cars to work so I've always maintained a 2nd car. I'm in the market to replace my current 2nd car.

I am trying to decide between: full size Range Rover (westminster), e63s amg, or s580. I've owned RR before....no complaints there other than slow interface. It's comfy, roomy enough for some kids/passengers and looks nice. I've owned the E53 before and it was fun. Back seats were small and the drivers seat hugged me a bit tight, but overall a fun car. I've never owned an S class but have been in many. I have this stupid stigma that it's more of a "get driven" car but I generally do like big body cars. Not sure which to go after here and was hoping I can get some feedback. The E63s sounds like a blast but don't know if I will keep it due to the same reasons I got rid of the E53. However, sometimes it takes a couple times before I realize I like it. The wagon has some appeal to me but not sure if that appeal would have longevity. I want fun, practicality and subtleness.
Old 07-07-2021, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Fun, Practicality, and Subtleness. That is pretty much an E63S Wagon that you’re asking for. An S580 and Range Rover will not provide the first part of the equation. An S63 (W222) may be an interesting proposition. Not exactly a corner carver, but the AMG engine will provide more enjoyment than the regular 580, while still having all the benefits of the S-Class.
Old 07-08-2021, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
none
Originally Posted by js_cls
Fun, Practicality, and Subtleness. That is pretty much an E63S Wagon that you’re asking for. An S580 and Range Rover will not provide the first part of the equation. An S63 (W222) may be an interesting proposition. Not exactly a corner carver, but the AMG engine will provide more enjoyment than the regular 580, while still having all the benefits of the S-Class.
So if you owned the E63 sedan and an S580......in which scenario would you drive the s580 OVER the E?
Old 07-08-2021, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by kaizashozay
So if you owned the E63 sedan and an S580......in which scenario would you drive the s580 OVER the E?
Stop and go traffic mainly as its smoother and quieter. Maybe road trips as well, although the S-Class' trunk is not as large as you'd expect. I still think a W222 S-AMG could be a good option for you as you'll get the luxury and comfort of an S-Class with the thrill of an AMG motor under the hood, only thing is you'll have to compromise and get the outgoing generation, and new units are pretty much gone, and the new S-AMG will not be out for some time.

It really depends on your preferences. The S will give you tons of luxury, but no sport. The E will not provide as much luxury, however will still be plentiful, and in return offer you sportiness and athleticism that is not provided by the S, and in Wagon form, added practicality. Plus, E-Wagons hold value better than sedans, so if you do trade in or get rid of early, the loss would be smaller than either E or S sedans.