Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

CPO?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2021, 09:12 AM

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 E300 4matic
CPO?

My partner bought a 2019 Nissan Altima Platinum last night with 48,000 miles on it. The salesman hyped up the fact that even though it’s out of warranty it was a CPO and was warranted for 100,000 miles. It is a beautiful car and has every option Nissan offers, however he started it up to go to work today and the service engine light immediately came on (he only drove it home for the dealer, maybe 5 miles).

Anyway, he called the salesman and was told “Bring it in and we’ll see if it’s covered under the CPO warranty”. Apparently with Nissan the CPO warranty covers only the drive train, nothing else, not even the engine management computers!

I just bought a 2017 E300 in April with the CPO and was told it covered everything.

Has anyone bought a CPO and had to use it? Pros and cons?

thanks everyone!

Last edited by DeutscheBenz726; 07-16-2021 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-17-2021, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet
Hopefully relevant:

I bought a CPO BMW a few years back (sorry, I've had 5 BMWs and am on my first MB) and it covered the car nose to tail with the exception of regular maintenance items. I used it a ton and got thousands of dollars of repairs out of it, including loaner cars while it was in the shop. Paid a $50 "deductible" each time I brought it in, even when it had multiple issues. It was VERY close to a new car warranty. I can't imagine MB would be worse.

That said, consider how suspect ANY 100,000 mile warranty is, new or CPO. It has to be full of holes like a slice of Swiss cheese. I assume your MB CPO warranty is for something closer to 50,000 miles?
Old 07-18-2021, 08:19 AM

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 E300 4matic
Originally Posted by KyleKaiser
Hopefully relevant:

I bought a CPO BMW a few years back (sorry, I've had 5 BMWs and am on my first MB) and it covered the car nose to tail with the exception of regular maintenance items. I used it a ton and got thousands of dollars of repairs out of it, including loaner cars while it was in the shop. Paid a $50 "deductible" each time I brought it in, even when it had multiple issues. It was VERY close to a new car warranty. I can't imagine MB would be worse.

That said, consider how suspect ANY 100,000 mile warranty is, new or CPO. It has to be full of holes like a slice of Swiss cheese. I assume your MB CPO warranty is for something closer to 50,000 miles?
its 1 year unlimited mileage. I can PURCHASE a warranty up to 100,000 or 5 years
Old 07-18-2021, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 CLK430 Cabriolet
Originally Posted by E350_Sport
its 1 year unlimited mileage. I can PURCHASE a warranty up to 100,000 or 5 years
That may make a lot of sense. Feel free to post the fine print here, and I'll have a read through it (I'm not just a car guy, I'm a lawyer). I can't lawfully give legal advice here, but I'm happy to point out anything that alarms or impresses me.