Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Front seat back panel removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 Mercedes E550
Front seat back panel removal

Hi guys I recently bought a 2009 Mercedes E550. It’s in great condition with the exception of the pocket behind the front seat being nearly torn off. I want to try some DIY repair but can’t seem to remove the back panel.

I’ve located & removed the 2 screws below the seat but just can’t seem to unhook the back panel.

Tried lifting from bottom and pulling outward towards me. Tried pulling straight down. Even tried adjusting the recliner in various positions before pulling. Nothing is working for me.

I’m curious if there’s something else that needs to be removed in addition to the screws.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thx
The following users liked this post:
chassis (08-11-2021)
Old 08-11-2021, 07:10 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,922 Likes on 3,088 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by guavaboi
Hi guys I recently bought a 2009 Mercedes E550. It’s in great condition with the exception of the pocket behind the front seat being nearly torn off. I want to try some DIY repair but can’t seem to remove the back panel.

I’ve located & removed the 2 screws below the seat but just can’t seem to unhook the back panel.

Tried lifting from bottom and pulling outward towards me. Tried pulling straight down. Even tried adjusting the recliner in various positions before pulling. Nothing is working for me.

I’m curious if there’s something else that needs to be removed in addition to the screws.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thx
Try posting in the E-Class section for your model year. Also try the search function. WIS instructions are probably posted on this site.