Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

ordering a GLE 450

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-22-2021, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about the 450 GLE
ordering a GLE 450

Hi, I ordered a 450 GLE on May 7,2021. The dealer told me it takes 5 weeks to come in from the time they put the order in.
They said they will put the order in in mid August and I can expect it in late September. I stopped in the dealership on July 29,2021
to ask about the order and the manager went to the computer and said it is scheduled to start production on August 16,2021
and I will be notified of the different stages of production (start, completed, in transit). I get a call on August 20,2021 from the
salesman saying they have the car and I can pick it up. So my question is if it didn't even start production on July 29, 2021
how can it be completed and shipped (from Alabama to New Jersey) in 3 weeks? I will ask them when I pick it up but was wondering
if someone knows what kind of an explanation I will get.
Thank You
Old 08-23-2021, 05:52 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,369 Likes on 2,021 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823
Originally Posted by Atlantic City
Hi, I ordered a 450 GLE on May 7,2021. The dealer told me it takes 5 weeks to come in from the time they put the order in.
They said they will put the order in in mid August and I can expect it in late September. I stopped in the dealership on July 29,2021
to ask about the order and the manager went to the computer and said it is scheduled to start production on August 16,2021
and I will be notified of the different stages of production (start, completed, in transit). I get a call on August 20,2021 from the
salesman saying they have the car and I can pick it up. So my question is if it didn't even start production on July 29, 2021
how can it be completed and shipped (from Alabama to New Jersey) in 3 weeks? I will ask them when I pick it up but was wondering
if someone knows what kind of an explanation I will get.
Thank You
Congrats on your order. I am sorry that I am not able to answer your questions, I recommend you reposting your question in your car's specific sub-forum, hopefully it gets viewed by more people.
https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class-v167-250/
As for the order status, you could ask your salesperson to give you more detailed information from the order was first placed till now. If you want, you may also ask someone in this thread that have access to NetStar to pull up the details of your order:
https://mbworld.org/forums/w213-amg/...r-codes-5.html
Good luck with your order.
The following users liked this post:
Atlantic City (08-23-2021)