Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

My dealer is selling their loaners!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2021, 08:19 PM

Received 143 Likes on 127 Posts
2014 ML350 2w, 2017 GLS550, 1967 Pontiac GTO 4 sp
My dealer is selling their loaners!

Got this email yesterday.I hope you and your family are doing well!
I wanted to give our Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands family a little insight into some issues we are facing nationwide. The semiconductor shortage has put a strain on new vehicle inventory and is turning some new vehicle sales into pre owned sales.

With pre owned inventory shortages we are starting to sell out of our loaner fleet and we do not have vehicles to replace them. Over the next 90-120 days we anticipate having to reduce our loaner fleet which will push out our ability to accommodate service appointments with loaner vehicles out farther than usual.

We will be offering pickup and delivery within 30 miles of the store for any service and repair needs with our main shop for no additional charge, and Express service will be available with no appointment. We also offer Mobile Service - we come to your home or business and perform maintenance at your location. Call for details and to schedule.

We appreciate your patience thru this shortage, we will get our inventory levels back to normal as quickly as possible. If I can do anything for you please reach out and let me know. I know you have choices and appreciate you choosing our team here at Mercedes-Benz of The Woodlands.

Old 08-29-2021, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,582 Likes on 980 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Yep, ever since the beginning of Covid the loaner fleet at any dealer (MB, BMW, Audi) has been changed substantially. I remember my friend was trying to get his Audi serviced a few months back, and the dealer quoted saying that because of Covid half of the loaner fleet had been sold, and only customers who had purchased their cars from that dealer could receive loaners. Most dealers have been selling their existing loaners as most customers are so use to going to the dealer in one day and coming home with a car, most do not want to wait for a build and would rather take some miles on their car in order to get it.
Old 08-29-2021, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,449 Likes on 957 Posts
No more MB:(
I went in about a month ago and couldn't secure a loaner for the first time in years.