Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Part procuring frustrations

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 10:41 AM

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
e350, e320
Part procuring frustrations

Hi fellow Benz’ers,

I know there are lots of part threads, but I want to get a sense of the current options from others what I’m experiencing. My 06 MB E350 has been on my lift for over a month. I’m replacing calipers, pads & rotors, backing plates, flex lines,speed sensor (reluctor) rings, rear coil springs (broken), hard brake lines and fittings, and rear bearings.

I have Benz Ninja’s Xentry and C4, and among other things, able to print out all the part numbers I need.

I’ve read in many posts by a majority, to steer clear of the local auto part franchises, and use the top online oem aftermarket places for parts, whether genuine MB or OEM.

Maybe it due to Covid, as the problem I’m finding is that no one other than the dealers has everything I need, which leads me to have to scour the internet to find parts. My whole order was divided up over 5 online retailers. It took 2 weeks for all parts to come in, only to have to send back the wrong rear springs, and flex brake lines (from two different retailers). Both places listed them for use on my vehicle, including reading the fine print (not for sports package). One I had to pay return shipping, the other I did not. They both couldn’t do an exchange as I they did not have the part I needed. Back to the computer, I found a much easier way to order at one of the wholesale MB genuine parts retailers. Much pricier than aftermarket but no guessing. Ordered those two items on 9/18, still have not shipped by today 9/23 and were listed in stock. I have an inquiry in with them.

I started asking myself where Independent MB mechanics shop for their parts, as I could not see them spending the time and hassle I’m going through on this, with every car they have to work on.

Is this the norm or just the times? Are indys buying there parts from local dealers?

I have an import auto parts place, but it’s an hour away, but I’m not sure they are any better.

Anyone have some sage advise?

thanks for your help
chris
Old 09-23-2021, 09:15 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,915 Likes on 3,082 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
It’s life.

oil and filters from the local auto parts shop

pads and rotors from fcpeuro

almost everything else from mbparts.mbusa.com

Old 09-24-2021, 07:00 PM