Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Share Your Experience, re: Tires

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 11:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 GLC300 4MATIC AMG Body Style
Lightbulb Share Your Experience, re: Tires

Hi All,

I will be replacing all four (4) Scorpion Pirelli Verde run-flats on my GLC300 4Matic shortly. The original tires came with a car back in 2018, I put over 42K miles on them. The Continental run-flats are on back order everywhere, so I'm wondering what would be another great & reliable option for run-flats. My driving style is mixed, casual HWY cruising (fast lane only) & sport mode when I feel like having some fun on the road.
Please share your experience with different brands, run-flats only.

Thank you.

AK
Old 10-12-2021, 10:10 AM

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
Originally Posted by littlestar
Hi All,

I will be replacing all four (4) Scorpion Pirelli Verde run-flats on my GLC300 4Matic shortly. The original tires came with a car back in 2018, I put over 42K miles on them. The Continental run-flats are on back order everywhere, so I'm wondering what would be another great & reliable option for run-flats. My driving style is mixed, casual HWY cruising (fast lane only) & sport mode when I feel like having some fun on the road.
Please share your experience with different brands, run-flats only.

Thank you.

AK
The run-flats gave such a rough ride on my 2017 SL550, I replaced them with less than 10,000 miles on them. The four replacement Michelin Pilot Super Sports were about 1/2 the price of replacement run-flats and the ride of the car was immediately far superior to the OEM tires. I also appreciate the wider sidewall that in over 1 year has experienced zero curb rash. I do have the original run-flats on my 2018 S560. The ride with on the S560 is outstanding but I will likely replace those tires with non run-flats when new tires are required.
Old 10-13-2021, 11:20 PM

Thank you for your response. I'm going to try the all-season Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus. Best, AK.
Old 10-19-2021, 11:07 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2020 E450
Smile Run Flat Tires are Horrible

I have a 2020 E450 that had Hancock run flats. From day 1 these tires had terrible ride. Every time I hit a pothole it felt like you went into a crater. It made your teeth shatter. After about 25k miles I start getting a rumbling noise. Brought to MB service and was told I had 4 bent rims and that the rumbling noise was from the tires that wore unevenly. Had rims straightened and put Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II non run flats and I couldn’t be happier. The car rides like a luxury car should ride. Taking risk with no spare. MB really needs to re-think run flat tires. I know they do it for weight in order to meet fuel standards but they should figure where to reduce weight somewhere else and put non run flat tires on all their cars. Audi had not gone to run flats.
Old 10-24-2021, 03:21 PM

Thank you. I replaced the Pirelli run-flats with Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 Plus and the ride is incredible. The new tires also come with a roadside assistance, if ever needed.
The following users liked this post:
Kevin T (11-03-2021)