Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Fewer Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A-class 220
Fewer Options?

Has anyone checked out the US MB website recently - mbusa.com - and noticed that certain options are missing in 2022 builds, e.g. hands-free, wireless charging, etc... those are gone for good? I thought the chip issue was getting resolved...
I ordered a car in June 2021 (obviously delayed) expecting some of these features... should i give up hope of receiving them?

Old 11-03-2021, 07:31 AM

Received 143 Likes on 118 Posts
2016 E400 Coupe (C207)
I don't think this is going to be resolved anytime soon.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2022 AMG CLA 35
Cool Yes, Reduced Options/Features are Real

Originally Posted by monicash
Has anyone checked out the US MB website recently - mbusa.com - and noticed that certain options are missing in 2022 builds, e.g. hands-free, wireless charging, etc... those are gone for good? I thought the chip issue was getting resolved...
I ordered a car in June 2021 (obviously delayed) expecting some of these features... should i give up hope of receiving them?
My MY2022 AMG CLA35 was ordered in early July, and after 3 week factory build delay, has just arrived at the dealership for delivery soon.

At first I was told to expect the HERMES Communications Module shortage would probably limit a host of "functionality" in MBUX services, Mercedes Me, and Multimedia Navigation updates and traffic etc. Then the July 30th notification added Keyless Access, wireless NPC charging, and Augmented Reality for Nav to the growing removed/unavailable list.
Then the car was actually built on September 29th and I received the window sticker and the VIN which I used to get the as built Vehicle Datacard. The Datacard listing is comprehensive and confirmed the final status of the as built vehicle.

Summarizing:
1. Augmented Reality gone without option for retrofit as MBUX was downgraded to mid-level 458 unit, Wireless charging gone, Keyless Access gone (just the trunk release, Keyless Start is OK),
2. Good news is that Hermes Module is included/active, and so full comm connectivity, services, and MBUX and Multimedia Nav stuff should work fine.
3. Driver Assistance Lite and Multimedia Lite substituted for unavailable "Full" versions as expected.
4. Bad news is that the Burmester Surround Sound option was deleted from the build WITHOUT ANY ADVANCE NOTICE. I was later told this was due to MB prioritization policy governing supply shortage at build time.

That's it, but at least I have a pretty nice new car.

Last edited by Todd R; 11-03-2021 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Skipped words.
Old 11-03-2021, 10:36 AM

A-class 220
Thanks for the detailed summary. Seems like these options will be gone in mine too.
The question is do i take what i can get now, which is missing many of these things... or do i continue to wait until 2022 with the hopes that it'll be resolved in 1H 2022? The fact that some of these items are not even listed on the MB website does not bode well.

Also seems like natural wood grain was replaced by aluminum trim for the interior? What's causing that?
Old 11-03-2021, 10:38 AM

A-class 220
Anyone else hearing of natural wood grains being replaced by aluminum trim for the interior? What's causing that?